Do you want to work for a dynamic company that is driving positive in change the world? Are you the type of person that loves organizing, coordinating, and supporting diverse teams? Do you hate being bored at work?
The Aquacycl team is seeking an Administrative Assistant that will help to manage administrative functions, enabling all team members to stay organized and stay focused on advancing company goals.
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
Aquacycl is a Series B funded early-stage company that is already serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment and reuse while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
Who you Are
Are you a ‘do-er’ with an inquisitive mind, positive attitude, and sense of urgency? Do you have a keen interest in supporting our mission and our team? Do you thrive in fast-paced and quickly changing situations where you can learn something new each day and contribute to building a strong organizational culture? Are you a devout planner? Do you love to help people? Are you obsessively organized? Do you want to help build a culture where every person loves coming to work, feels valued and has critical input into seeing the business succeed?
About the Role
You must be insanely organized, an enthusiastic team coordinator, obsessive about follow up and follow through, and never shy about asking questions.
Most importantly you must share our North Star vision for integrating sustainable practices and a circular approach for production and daily operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Booking travel for all team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and maintaining calendars.
- Preparing communications, such as emails, invoices, and other internal and external correspondences.
- Writing and editing/proofreading documents such as customer reports, user manuals, technical and sales proposals, and company policies.
- Supporting bookkeeping and AP/AR efforts when needed.
- Supporting basic facility maintenance requirements.
- Regularly working with team members of all levels to complete administrative projects and support operational requirements.
- Taking initiative and necessary steps to independently overcome challenges.
Knowledge & Experience
Our Administrative Assistant must demonstrate:
- High level of multi-tasking and ability to switch tasks quickly
- Tenacious follow-through
- Very strong time management
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude a must
- Attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new tasks
- Ability to work independently
- An innate “Do-er” with a desire to go above what is expected
- Understands the need for a sense of urgency and the importance of confidentiality
At least 3 years of administrative experience supporting diverse teams is required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and ability to navigate Windows and iOS systems.
- Technical writing skills are a huge bonus.
- Experience with Quickbooks and other Financial, ERP and/or Project Management software packages is highly desirable.
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. You will not have any immediate direct reports, but will be provided with opportunities for professional development, and advising about team growth based on regular assessments of company needs.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California and we prefer to have our Administrative Assistant onsite as much as possible as this is an important role for supporting the team and business capabilities. However, flexible work from home schedules are possible at times.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.