Do you want to work for a company that is committed to making a positive impact in the world? Are you the type of person that loves to provide solutions to solve customer problems…and hates selling widgets?
The Aquacycl team is seeking an Application Engineer that will support the sales team to ensure every customer has the most efficient, reliable and and cost-effective service and technology solution for all wastewater management needs.
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
Aquacycl is a Series B funded early-stage company that is serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
Who you Are
Are you a fast learner who leans in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination? Do you have a keen interest in solving customer problems with sustainable and innovative solutions? Are you an excellent project manager who is organized, detail oriented and hyper customer focused with good marketing sense? Do you thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing situations, where you can apply your engineering expertise and attention to detail? Does collaboration and teamwork feel natural to you?
Are you ready to learn something new and be a part of communicating a truly unique value proposition in the water industry? Do you love interacting with customers and planning solutions that include unique technical innovations to solve their problems? Do you want to be pivotal to building a culture where every person loves coming to work, feels valued, and has critical input into seeing the business succeed?
About the Role
You must be fiercely committed to supporting our sales efforts by being a great team member and jumping-in to help with anything in the queue that enables sales goals to be met.
Most importantly, our Application Engineer must represent our brand values and clearly demonstrate those values in every customer interaction.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and coordinating support for our manufacturer’s reps, industrial clients, and key partners
- Developing proposals, tracking deadlines, ongoing client follow up and close coordination with internal technical and R&D teams.
- Understanding our products, services and competitive strengths to articulate the benefits to target clients
- Providing technical sales support to potential clients including face to face client interaction, attendance & presentations at trade events and webinars
- In collaboration with the Sales & Marketing Team, identifying new leads, nurture relationships, and help position the Company capture new business opportunities
- Coordinating and supporting the gathering, analysis and interpretation of client specific data for evaluation of present and future opportunities within Company guidelines and long-term corporate objectives
- Supporting proposal activities, including technical specification review, prioritization and financial analyses of client specifications for the evaluation of opportunities and submission of competitive proposals
- Working closely with Engineering and Marketing to develop proposals that are accurate, compelling and are properly perceived in the market
- Maintaining CRM tool management as it pertains to Sales forecasts and customer advancement in the sales pipeline.
- Assisting Sales Team to maintain technical and commercial database and recommend improvements on databases and Sales related workflows
- Serving as a company representative and spokesperson at trade shows, technical conferences and webinars including preparation of abstracts, technical papers and presentations
- Supporting corporate marketing, press, social media, web and other duties as required
- Traveling to support sales activities, identify and qualify clients, build key stakeholder relationships, and support/lead proposal efforts
- Hands on learning including visiting piloting sites, support data collection and performing lab work with our research team when needed.
- Regularly reviewing work progress and challenges with Sales and Technical teams to ensure sales goals are met and technical team is aware of customer requirements and suggestions.
Knowledge & Experience
Our Application Engineer must have a track record of over-achieving on customer satisfaction and quantitatively demonstrating success toward sales goals. Effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of consultive selling practices and techniques is desired.
Other necessary competencies include excellent communication and presentation skills, outstanding organizational and time management abilities, a high-level of initiative, the dexterity to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision, the talent to handle a variety of tasks, and ability to shift priorities quickly.
The Application Engineer must have utility, wastewater systems and/or wastewater technology/equipment experience. Industrial wastewater experience in the Food & Beverage and/or Oil & Gas sectors is highly desired.
Our Application Engineer must also have very strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Aquacycl staff and external partners across multiple physical locations. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years of experience in environmental consulting, treatment equipment supply and/or utilities
- Fundamental knowledge of water and wastewater industry issues including markets, regulatory and financing
- Excellent project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong willingness to learn and grow
Other requirements include a basic knowledge of consultative/value-based selling, proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Power Point), previous experience working with HubSpot, Salesforce, or similar CRM is highly preferred.
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. We want our managers and directors to be leaders. You will not have direct reports to begin; however, you will be directly involved with growing the team based on regular assessments of company needs.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California. All Aquacycl team members have the flexibility to work from home whenever possible. The Application Engineer can be hybrid. However, onsite work is preferred for a majority of time. Regular travel (30%-50% of time) for domestic and international site visits, installations, events, and sales meetings, is required.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.