The Aquacycl team is seeking a Field Service Technician to provide onsite and remote monitoring/control services for existing Aquacycl customers throughout the United States.
Aquacycl is an early-stage company that is already serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
About the Role
You must be wildly enthusiastic about travel, absolutely in-love with troubleshooting problems, relentless in asking questions, comfortable getting dirty (literally dirty), maniacal about documentation, and be able to jump-into a site visit on a moments’ notice.
Most importantly, our Field Service Technician must represent our brand values and clearly demonstrate those values in every business interaction.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Executing basic site maintenance for wastewater treatment systems including sludge removal, addressing flow issues, upgrading hardware, site cleaning, collecting & analyzing samples.
- Developing a deep understanding of how Aquacycl technology works and can be further improved to address customer challenges and minimize onsite maintenance.
- Learning and responding to software alerts and consistently monitoring site performance throughout travel and non-travel days.
- Building and installing Aquacycl hardware when required.
Knowledge & Experience
Our Field Service Technician must have at least 3 years of hardware experience in the water industry and a successful track record in servicing water or wastewater systems at customer sites. Candidates must be able to travel weekly and work flexible hours, including occasional weekend travel.
Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- knowledge in hydraulic systems operation
- experience with PVC plumbing and general plumbing knowledge
- familiarity with PLC and HMI systems
- hydraulic systems equipment selection
- knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- aptitude for learning new software programs and digital monitoring tools (e.g. Pager Duty)
- excellent communication skills
- outstanding organizational and time management abilities
- a high-level of self-motivation
Candidates must be able to execute physical tasks including:
- using hand-tools
- safely operating power tools
- occasionally lifting 50-pound pieces of hardware.
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. In this individual contributor role, you will not have direct reports. You will be accountable for leading your function with autonomy and must come equipped with a sense of ownership and great judgment to find solutions aligned with business objectives. We want our technicians to ultimately be leaders in product improvement and efficient system operations.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California. The Field Service Technician is required to travel weekly to customer sites and be at Aquacycl HQ for travel preparation and hardware assembly when not traveling.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.