Do you want to work for a company that is committed to making a positive impact in the world? Do you love building cultures, leading through change and enabling teams to develop and reach their greatest potential?
The Aquacycl team is seeking a People & Team Success Manager that is responsible for leading all employee service areas and managing strategies for team enablement, talent management, change management, organizational effectiveness, and positive employee relations.
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and the planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
Aquacycl is a Series B funded early-stage company that is serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
Who you Are
Are you a “people person” who leans in with curiosity, creativity, tenacity, and positivity? Do you genuinely care about people, noticing their individual talents and aligning them to meaningful tasks? Are you able to work across teams and disciplines with a communication style that sparks action in the moment while also inspiring teams toward a long-term vision? Do you want to be pivotal to building a culture where every person loves coming to work, feels valued, and has critical input into seeing the business succeed?
About the Role
You must be fiercely committed to supporting a rapidly growing team, practicing sound change leadership, taking an inclusive and transparent approach to implementing initiatives, and influencing critical buy-in at all levels to build a thriving team culture.
Most importantly you must share our North Star vision for integrating sustainable practices and a circular approach for production and daily operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- positive communication to support change initiatives, inspire buy-in across levels and teams, and facilitate adoption of new policies, procedures and processes throughout the company
- balance strategic and tactical approaches by providing leadership, mentorship and expert direction to manage the development, implementation and ongoing administration of programs, services, policies, systems, and processes
- source relevant data and feedback to identify barriers to team engagement and productivity and make recommendations for approaches to better support the team
- collaborate across the business to identify services that will provide a competitive advantage to attracting and retaining talent in a very challenging talent market
- provide performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to inspire elevated performance
- support day-to-day employee relations by working with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- lean heavily into organizational development, providing and actioning recommendations that support operations
- actively and continuously be involved in all areas of People & Culture, growing the team culture, establishing clear and positive communication to all team members, ensuring legal compliance and fair compensation, and leading recruitment, training, and more.
- masterfully establish, communicate, and implement strategies for team growth and an enhanced employee experience.
- think like an entrepreneur and always be looking to optimize or create efficiencies for people and the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- Diploma or degree or equivalent business experience, preferably focused in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources generalist experience
- SHRM designation
- Experience in supporting diverse and growing teams, preferably in an early stage company
Our People & Team Success Manager must demonstrate:
- High level of emotional intelligence
- High level of multi-tasking and ability to operate tactically and think strategically
- Excellent skills in managing interpersonal relationships and critical conversations
- Strong collaboration and naturally inclusive leadership style
- Tenacious follow-through
- Very strong problem solving
- Very strong time management
- Positive communication and writing skills
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude a must
- Attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new tasks
- Ability to work independently
- An innate “Do-er” and desire to go above what is expected
- Understands the need for a sense of urgency and the importance of confidentiality
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. We want our managers and directors to be leaders. You will not have direct reports to begin; however, you will be directly involved with growing the team based on regular assessments of company needs.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California and we prefer to have our People & Team Success Manager onsite as much as possible as this is a critical role for growing our production and service capabilities. However, flexible work from home schedules are possible at times.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.